Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Homemaking Post

Well Candy - to answer your question from like months ago hehe - I have no idea what my style is. I like everything ...that's my problem. I was thinking I would like a shabby chic house/ romantic like you..... BUT without even realizing it, my house is formal and traditional ?? Not at all shabby chic!!!

I have no idea what my style is called. The only furniture I actually have bought in my home is my dining room and matching china cabinet....everything else has been given or passed down to us and they are all beautifully traditional pieces. We have a LOT of southern gorgeous pieces. Lots of cherry dark wood. So YES I LOVE beachy/romantic style and my one bathroom is definitely like that - but the rest of the house is not beachy/shabby chic AT ALL.

I wish I knew my style better. I love woods, antiques, southern well crafted pieces. Everything we have is cherry like I said. I like big chunky pieces with beautiful wood detail.... and I LOVE color!!! I like stripes & flowers together. Polka dots and flowers! I love fabrics...
Soooo I have no idea what my style is but maybe by my first actual house we buy, I will have an idea of what it's called. haha

anyway - just wanted to do a homemaking post to show you our new bedroom stuff.... MomMom when she was year last month bought us new bedding and curtains and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. It's just what I wanted. Blue/Green with gold, yellow, brown flowers. It's the first window treatments we have in this house! :)


sorry it's so wrinkly - this pic was taken the first day I had JUST put the covering on the pillow - it's not so wrinkly anymore :)
here's my side of the family on our vacation 2006 - the colors in this photo match the tones of the bedding. I love the colors in this photo in person - sunsets are my fave! So gorgeous! :)

I look forward to working on my homemaking more after I come home full time in july - and then especially when we buy our next home! I want to work on my cooking, cleaning, decorating, everything!! and I'll need a lot of help so I hope you all will be ready to give it! :) This picture was taken a while ago of my fridge but I thought you all would enjoy it. Sorry for such random silly magnets! hehehehe :) Today the countdown is actually down to 18 more days!!!! :)
and here's how I recently decorated my master bath....those figurines were in Raymond's room but I moved them in here. Those were given to us for mother's and father's day when we were pregnant, they are so precious. and I love having those flowers in that gorgeous little vase in here. The vase is so so pretty - I should have taken an up close of the vase. Another wedding gift.

so there you go!!! A Homemaking post!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post!!! I love your window curtain toppers...I always liked that style!
    I think your style is traditional. But with a twist of Randi Jo in there. Thats what I think :)
    Overall, traditional but still with cute, pretty stuff that you like! I love your bathroom and I love the pillow on your bed. Cute.
    Thanks for sharing all that :)
    Hugs
    c

    ReplyDelete