Monday, June 2, 2008

She's baaaackkk :)

Hey dear blog & blog friends! :)

I am happy to be back! Our broadband card technically isn't here yet (Fedex tried to deliver today when I was at the chiropractor) but I'm "borrowing" somebody else's internet until tonight when Brandon picks up the card!

I am so thankful to say that I feel great. The bruise is gone from the back of my knee (but the bump is still there so I am going to ask the chiropractor about that tomorrow because I forgot to ask today) and my pulled muscles in my neck feel so much better! Oh yeah by the way - I pulled muscles in my neck really really bad on Thursday morning and was doing pretty bad for about 48 hours. It happens about once a year. My muscees basically cramp from being totally exhausted and I can't move my head at all for 2 days. I had tendinitis in my shoulder and the chiropractor says I just have a lot of muscle mass that girls don't typically naturally have - because of swimming for so long (should I be offended or happy abuot that? hehe) - so they just get tight fast and it pulls my spine out of line. I need to stretch a lot better especially because Raymond is 30+ pounds of heaviness and loves to throw himself around and have a fit in mommy's arms. BUT all that being said - I am going to the chiropractor (massage therapist) 6 times in the next 2 weeks and I should be 100%! :) The X Rays were crazy to see -- it's amazing how out of line my spine was because of silly muscles - the human body is so amazing isn't it?!!


Sooo what else is going on?! Well we're doing great! We are LOVING this hot weather - going to the pool and beach a lot!
Don't you love these goldy-locks :)

While I was "out" because of my neck, Brandon took care of Raymond and I got to lay out! Good stuff! :)

On our way home from Costco we got to watch this barge go under the bridge and we all enjoyed that!!


And 2 pieces of exciting news!!!!

I have a new niece - born yesterday! Brandon's next oldest brother Chris had another (his 3rd) baby girl....her name is Cylie Reigns Rooks

and I found out my sister is having a GIRL in October!!! How exciting!! I am really really happy it's a girl! She will have 3 under the age of 3 AHHHH! :) I am so so happy for them. So in October I will have ELEVEN nephews and nieces - all under 8 except for one! WOW! I can't wait to find out her name! :)

On another note -- has anybody heard from Toia?! I am concerned about her. Love yall! Much more to come! I have some exciting news to share soon! And also have some thoughts on prayer, church, and parenting, etc. etc. that I'd like to share. And also want to post some of the homemaking things I've been up to! but I am going to keep a great balance and not be "around here" every day! :) Keep me accountable to that. Do you know for a while there I was even reading blogs first thing in the morning instead of spending time with God and reading His word.... not good! I won't get to that point again. God first, family second, all else 3rd :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey Randi!!! :)
    Congrats on being a aunt again :)

    Guess what...Im wearing "your" nailpolish and every time I look at my fingers, I think of you..no joke! :) :) The color is so YOU!!! Bright and pretty!

    Sorry to hear about your neck issues...glad your getting it taken care of.

    Love the pics...especially of "goldy locks"---- he is SOOOOOOOOOOO adorable!

    Love C

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Glad you're back with lots of good news! And you are right....God first, family second, everything else third!
    I haven't heard from Toia either, and I've been concerned about her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow congrats to your sis! How brave is she!?! ;) They do make pretty babies though. My SIL and brother found out on Mother's day that they are expecting too. I'm so excited for them. William and Leah are 5 months apart and now Matthew and the newest little one will be close in age too. I love that they can grow up together.
    Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete