Sunday, June 22, 2008

Update on Papa - Sunday afternoon

Yes! He can swallow Melanie! Thank you GOD SOO MUCH!!! We all feel so so grateful. My dad realizes how blessed he is and has always been ...and we all just feel so thankful!!

Today he swallowed some soup, pureed eggs and ice cream! So little by little he is getting there! He is working on keeping up his strength doing exercises in his room. The doctors say he will be able to go home in a few weeks - once he can swallow a good amount of food....and they say that he should be back to swallowing all foods in 6 - 12 months depending on progress.

My parents have always taught me to be thankful and not to take anything for granted and this is one of those times when I am proud to say my parents are showing me once again through their actions not only their words the lessons they always taught us. I am so proud of my mom and dad and their attitudes right now and how they are pulling through this together. I am looking forward to getting up their Thursday to help them out around the house, and to give my mama a break from the hospital and to spend time with my sis Roxie with my 2 nephews as well.

We had such a great sermon at church today --- it was all about just how much God loves us. PK just kept stressing to us that if ONLY we would let God in daily, if only we'd soak up HIs words to us and spend time with Him... we'd realize that HE is ALL that matters - that life is not about us....and ALL the stuff we do, quibble about, worry about, etc. are so so meaningless compared to Him and they are nothing to spend time thinking about! A great lesson and SOO relevant to my week!!!

We have a HUGE storm coming here so I'm gonna get going. Love you all and thanks again for your prayers!

1 comment: