Sunday, June 24, 2007

My Angel - Part 2

I just can't express how close MomMom ("Cita", "Mamawolfe", Mom, Mommie, Mama) and I are. She truly was my best friend until I met Brandon (now they share that title along with my other immediate family members - sister Roxie, brother Ryan, dad "daddy cat"). Growing up, I literally spent more time hanging out with mom than I did any friends or peers. When I had a night off, and wanted to go do something fun - I usually decided to do something with Mom!! She's just the most fun! and I just love being with her.

A while back, a site was doing an essay contest (sometime around Mother's Day) and I wanted to enter a blog about her. But of course I got sidetracked. But I had started a little 'essay' and I wanted to put it here.

My mother, Glennie Jo Wolfe, has always and will always do her best to shine God’s light. She constantly pours out love abundantly and freely that shows she is a reflection of God, who is Love. Many people call her an “angel” although we know that she is only human, but really she is, in my eyes, one of the best reflections of God I have ever seen on earth.

I believe that God is the only true source to get eternal approval, acceptance, forgiveness, and humble love. But these are the qualities that “MamaWolfe”, as so many affectionately call her, just exudes. Growing up, I had such a great picture of God through Mom. I was given incredible praise when I did right, forgivness when I did wrong, acceptance and approval always. I saw what love really meant through the love from my mom. It was humble, it was patient, it was kind, it was not self-seeking and it was always forgiving.

The light in MamaWolfe sometimes was so bright that it offended the sin in me. I believe that this is what God’s heart is all about. Offending the sin and evil in others while at the same time having acceptance and approval and forgiveness for the repentant heart! God would never offend the sinner – only the sin. MamaWolfe always tried to do the same. She had such a high standard – making sure we understood that we, as Christians, were on a different “playing field” than the rest of society. But any time we tried our best she was always there with praise to make us want to continually try harder. When we were weary, there she was to pick us up. When we felt hopeless, there she was to lead us back to the giver of Hope.

My mom has done more than physically and emotionally teach and care for me. She, along with my grandma, led me to my Savior that gave me eternal life. The world would be a different place, if everybody had a mother (and grandmother) like I did. I am ETERNALLY grateful for them and hope that they know how much I appreciate and value all they have given me.

No comments:

Post a Comment