Friday, June 29, 2007

Some things I don't like, Some things I do

I took Raymond to the beach today and yesterday before work and we had the best time. But as I was watching my little boy roll around all over the sand and in the water and all over the place until he looked like a shake n bake chicken --- or a seasoned porchop as MomMom calls it, I started thinking how some people would be SOO bothered by that! Some people can't STAND to have sand all over them, or on their baby - but me, I just don't care. I'm one of those type that says, make as big a mess as you can, LIVE and then we'll just clean it up ALL real good later. I don't clean as I go - I just GO and clean later! :) So sand doesn't bother me... BUT there are some things that do bother me, believe it or not:



Some things I don't like:


  • When you go to take a bite of food at the beach only to realize it's all sandy and then you have that sand crunch between your teeth --- oh that sand crunch is the worst!! haha

  • People who don't have a backbone (ex: when somebody is gossiping about a friend of yours and you just sit and listen or even worse join in instead of letting the gossiper know that they are mistaken about your friend, and you won't tolerate anybody speaking negative about them in your presence)

  • the sound that occurs when your dad is tying the hood on your snowsuit (I was probably 8 or 9 when my father last did this for me -- yet I STILL think of it)

  • stepping in something wet with your socks on

  • those silly packaging peanuts that come in shipments ---- grrr I can't get them off of me and into the garbage sometimes! When I worked at Disney World and that was my duty for the day (unpacking inventory boxes and putting items on display) I used to have all out brawls with those things

  • the fact that I can sweep, vacuum and get on my hands and knees scrubbing to get Lennox's hair out of the house --- and the next night, it looks like it hasn't been cleaned in weeks :( I love Lennox the most - but that hair!!! geesh!

  • people who can't explain their actions. if you do something and I don't understand why - I'm going to prove - I want to challenge people to be able to STOP and THINK. Let's not just let life float us by - let's change! God can change ANYBODY. If I ask WHY you did something, you should be able to answer that question - WHY did you do that? dig deep if you have to. WHY. Is it because you are seeking acceptance? Do you consciously make those bad decisions over and over again because you are selfish? Because you have a low self esteem and are looking for approval? Just STOP & THINK for a second --- you have to train yourself to be able to think about your actions in terms of the consequences (why is it that men in general can't seem to form this link.... women seem to always be able to link their actions with consequences but not men)

  • people who don't smile! (especially if you are looking at me and I catch you. it's okay that you are looking at me - it really is - but at least SMILE if I catch you. I CAN see you and I'm smiling ! so smile back!)

I think that is all my venting for today.


Some things I do like:


  • nature - everything about it. God is the ultimate artist and what beauty He has created all around us - just incredible! I can appreciate ALL types of art - every single type of music, every sort of visual art, dance, EVERYTHING. I love it all. I wasn't blessed with a lot of artistic talent - but I sure was extremely blessed in my ability to appreciate the small things in life, the big things, EVERYTHING!

  • Sunsets and sunrises --- I just think the sky is the most beautiful thing God created

  • No wait -- I think water is the most beautiful thing God created! Water is absolutely breathtaking when you think about it - especially the ocean - but any sort of water. What an incredible work. It can consume me sometimes when I sit and watch - even just the small little brooks & streams we have near by --- that all lead to the Cape Fear River that all lead to the Ocean - this world is just incredible

  • a loyal friend who wants to lift up and give NOT always just lean on and take

  • A person who can discuss. A person who can talk about things other than Paris Hilton, the latest town gossip, and their outside appearance. I don't want to hear how you are doing, the physical, superficial you, I want to talk about YOU, the SOUL YOU!
  • A person who isn't so wrapped up in their own insecurities that they can actually look PAST themselves and open themselves up to others and be vulnerable enough to give of themselves.
  • People who can forgive!!! People who really do LOVE others. People who can see the long term in life and realize that in the end - none of our earth "junk" really mattes!!! We are called to LOVE others. No matter what they have done to you (or you THINK they have done to you) it is your job as a christian to love and forgive and forget. Look what you did to Jesus - and He forgives you. Do the same for others. You can't truly know your maker if you are closed off to His people. You can't be for what God is for --- but against what He's for. If you are for God, you must be for what He is for. If you are against what God is for, you are against Him. If you are for what God is against, you are against Him. I don't know what all that has to do with each other - or if it even makes sense. But that is the way my brain works. I just sit at the computer and I can type as fast as I think so I just let it flow - scary isn't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment