Friday, June 22, 2007

What I love about Brandon - Post # 5

Brandon turns 27 tomorrow and as each birthday passes, I always reflect back on the other birthdates we have celebrated together. The first birthday we had today Brandon turned 22 (2002). On his 23rd birthday, our relationship really was serious (I was still down in Disney World finishing my internship) and he was in Wilmington taking summer classes. I came up to visit him and I left for him a bag of 23 Hershey kisses. In each Hershey kiss, I had taken out the Hershey paper and put in my own paper with 1 "Reason I Love B". So there was 23 in all!! Then he was able to open one a day while I was gone back to Disney.


I pulled this bag of Hershey's notes out today from our "Brandon & Randi Box" and I was just cracking up at some of the things I had written. But first of all I have got to give myself a pat on the back for that gift! How creative! Man, no wonder he fell in love with me haha. But like I told him, I courted him so good when we were dating --- now that we're married, it's his turn!!! haha So here they are: 23 reasons I Love B (year 2003)

  1. Loves music! Loves to dance! (and boy can he dance!! I LOVE watching him dance! We just have FUN!!! So important! We can sit and appreciate all kinds of music together - we just like to have a good time! All the weddings we go to - we don't even drink and are the first ones on the floor - everybody else has to be drunk it seems to have fun - but not us! We don't care how young or silly we look - we love fun!)
  2. He's not afraid to hold my hand anymore (YES the boy would not even hold my hand in public at one point! OH how times have changed!)
  3. His original phrases and how he says them (which I am too embarassed to repeat here)
  4. He's got the BIGGEST heart - but tries to hide it (for some reason he did used to try to hide it! But he felt safe with me and after time, he understood that being vulnerable is a good thing. The light he has is a gift and he was holding him for himself and it was selfish.)
  5. He's a wise ol owl (how appropriate I used this in my vows!). He really is so wise -- that will be post # 6
  6. Holds me so tight when I'm about to cry (and yes even after we had only been dating less than 2 years I had a lot of tears in front of him! I was 11 hours away from my family for the first time in my life!)
  7. He keeps his nails clean and neat (long story haha)
  8. Because we'll be together for eternity (I think that in 2003 Brandon really started to believe that too)
  9. I've never met anybody like him (SO TRUE!)
  10. He's the best teacher I've ever had (YES! I really think he should have been a teacher, a coach or a pastor as a profession. BUT in so many ways he is each of those - it is just not his profession. I can't wait to see what he chooses to do with his talent - he is going to change so many lives!)
  11. No matter what, I feel so safe & content when he's next to me (and yeap, I still feel this way. I always loved that he was a man's man. I knew he could always protective me - physically, spiritually, mentally - that was so important to me and was something all my previous love interests lacked)
  12. Because God has great plans for him (I always did believe this and still do. There's something about him. Everybody sees it. We can't wait to see exactly what path he chooses)
  13. That butt! Those muscles! (hehe :) )
  14. He's so supportive (to everybody, not just me. He is a great friend to so many)
  15. Best listener ever!!!!! (I can't post this loud enough!)
  16. His laugh (man, I love making him have a good laugh - I love being silly together)
  17. soft feet (he has the softest feet - I was always amazed by that haha but also the most sensitive geesh! The man can't even walk outside without shoes haha)
  18. his tiny (sexy) lips! ( Enoguh said)
  19. Everybody respects & listens to him (yeap -- because of # 15 and because of my previous posts)
  20. Always means what he says (which I can't say is true for myself)
  21. thinks before he speaks (# 20)
  22. Talks to ME more than anybody (I love this. I loved it back then and I love it now - that I am his best confidante. I love that we know each other secret's and nobody will ever know more about us than each other. That's so cool when you think about it)
  23. Because he took the bait! Just kidding! (haha we can't figure out who through the bait that first night but it doesn't matter - somebody took it!)
OH WOW I just realized I did more than 23! There's more!

24. He makes me laugh
25. He's my family (so true. Being so far away from my family - we were each other's family very soon after dating)
26. His honesty (see previous post)
27. He's the most patient being ever (This may have been true in 2003 - but I think I've worn off on him and he's a little less patient --- but he's still WAY more patient than the average person)
28. His beautiful blue eyes (!!! I can stare at them forever. Some of my favorite life memories involve doing nothing but looking into those eyes. It's appropriate I'm writing this because one of my favorite memories of him is the way he looked at me before I gave him this gift. That was the first time he looked at me and I knew he was in love with me. He just had the look of love on him. One of my other favorite memories is each summer looking into each other's eyes while holding each other in the water (either the pool at the Blockade Runner or the ocean). ahhhh)

So there you go it really was 28 things! and I know I could keep going - but I'll leave it at that - the original 28 things I loved about "B"

No comments:

Post a Comment